SEE: Our feature Presentation in District Home Magazine, Washington, DC Article July, 2012
The Villa is located 4 KM (2 miles) from Porta Perlici, Assisi Italy, direction Gualdo Tadino. Located in the rolling hills within the Assisi township. It is currently being used as the Assisi Retreat Center and has recieved awards as one of the top 10 Meditation Retreats of the world by CNN and Travel and Leisure Magazine.
Assisi is 1.5 Hours southeast of Florence and 2 Hours north of Rome. The closest local airport is Perugia (PEG) 15 minutes away. The closest international airports are Florence and Rome (FCO).
Assisi is in the green heart of Umbria. Umbria is located immediately east of Tuscany.
Cities within 1/2 hour are Spello, Spoleto, Trevi, Perugia, Deruta, Foligno. Cities within one hour travel are Orvieto, Todi, Lago Trasimeno, Gubbio.
The local Perugia airport is only 15 minutes away and travels inside Europe. Visit Spain, France, England and Germany from your own home base in Assisi.
- 425 square meters (3,825. square feet)- 10 Hectares Cultivated Land - 2 Hectares of Forest - Vineyard (25 acres all togehter)
- 5+ Bedrooms - 6 Full Baths each with Travertino Marble floors
- 2 Complete kitchens - Gourmet Ilve Range
- 4 Terraces & irrigated gardens surrounding the house
- Hotspring Hot Tub for 4 people
- Radiant heating through most of the house
- 4 Fireplaces (one is a pellet / wood stove that serves the radiant heating when you do not wish to use GPL- Liquid Propane)
- 2 Complete and separate heating systems, one for each apartment
- 1200 liter Underground GPL (Liquid Propane) tank
- Own water source fills 13,000 liters of cisterns for house and garden use (3,500 Gallons)
- Can be used as one full house, 2 apartments
- Parking for 10-12 vehicles
- 800 Year old Olive Tree
- Garden Fountain made from ancient boulder from Assisi. This stone is from the same quarry that built the Minerva Temple, which is the first structure in Assisi 2,500 years ago.
- 2 Out buildings "Annese" that can be transformed into 250 square meters of additonal living space (2,250 square feet)
- Pool Site
- Horse Barn - Corral available for an additonal cost
- Fiscal Benefits:
- Property Tax Euro 300 annually for first house in Italy
- No sales tax on land through land transfer. This is an 18% savings in purchase taxes.
The owners have lived here since 2002. The high quality renovations were completed in 2009 and include all new electric, plumbing, flooring and refinishing, alarm system, Broadband Internet, full garden sprinklers, David Austin Roses. It is currently being used as a Retreat Center for guests. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own this unusal property.
Appraised at € 1.200.000 (US$ 1,500,000.)
Reduced to € 990.000, (US$ 1,200,000.)